HOLIDAYS TO MAURITIUS
Famed for its long, powdery beaches and turquoise waters, just 20 degrees south of the equator, Mauritius is home to some of the world’s most stylish hotels. On your luxury holiday to Mauritius you have the choice of contemporary luxury hotels to old-school colonial elegance, all acclaimed for their impeccable service, exquisite cuisine and a fabulous array of activities for guests of all ages.
WHY TURQUOISE HOLIDAYS LIKES MAURITIUS
‘Mauritius is a wonderful destination for families and the kids clubs are bursting with fun, educational activities. Holidays to Mauritius also make a perfect twin with African safaris’ – Stuart, Mauritius Specialist
REASONS TO VISIT MAURITIUS
1. Mauritius is wonderfully diverse - and we think it is equally both the perfect destination for romantic couples or families offering an excellent range of activities and also the perfect setting for a super chill-out beach holiday
2. Turquoise has hand-picked a selection of family-friendly hotels offering fun and educative kids clubs, interconnecting rooms and family suites, baby convenience items available on request and experienced babysitters
3. You can be as active as you want - most hotels offer complimentary watersports including water-skiing and all feature indulging spas
4. Playing golf does not get much better – it’s often complimentary for hotel guests and the scenery is breathtakingly beautiful
5. Don’t let the 12 hours flight put you off; it’s always overnight from the UK and upgrading to business class can cost much less than you think
Holidays in Mauritius
This idyllic island is situated in the Indian Ocean and surrounded by 110 miles of naturally beautiful coastline creating an ideal setting for a laid-back luxury holiday. Mauritius enjoys a pleasant sub-tropical year-round climate, which is fantastic for both summer and winter getaways – and is ringed by the world’s longest unbroken coral reef.
Turquoise recommends – Hotels in Mauritius
Turquoise has hand-picked a selection of exquisite hotels and resorts that we personally know – so please ask for our recommendations. To name but a few - Heritage Le Telfair offers a rare taste of paradise while The Residence Mauritius is one of our all-time favourite hotels offering colonial charm with the contemporary cool elegance of a modern refuge. And The Oberoi Mauritius is an Indian Ocean paradise at its romantic best, offering a sanctuary for couples and honeymooners on a romantic getaway.
Visit our Mauritius honeymoons page for full details about honeymoons here.