Bora Bora Holidays
A byword for all things beautiful, no holiday to Tahiti would be complete with a visit to the legendary island of Bora Bora! French Polynesia’s leading lady, the very name conjures images of a tropical South Seas paradise! Captain Cook named her the ‘Pearl of the Pacific’ when he first sighted the island in 1769. Bora Bora’s towering volcanic peak, Mount Otemanu, is the deep green crown jewel which rises majestically from the mesmerising lagoon where a string of tiny islets (known as motus in Tahiti-speak) are now home to Bora Bora’s most famous hotels. Less than an hour’s flight north-west of Tahiti, a holidays or honeymoon to Bora Bora are guaranteed to leave you jaw-droppingly spellbound!
1. Book a canoe breakfast delivered to your overwater bungalow by traditional Polynesian pirogue
2. Visit Bora Bora's lagoonarium - the largest open-air aquarium in French Polynesia
3. Explore the lagoon by outrigger canoe - go shark and sting ray feeding, snorkel and enjoy a motu picnic with poisson cru on the menu
4. Join the crew aboard the fabulous Vitamin Sea catamaran for a day's sailing
5. Take to the skies in a helicopter for thrilling aerial views or join a guided jet-ski circle island tour for an adrenaline-filled day
1. Blood Mary's - not just a restaurant - a Bora Bora institution! Ditch your shoes in a foot locker and go barefoot on the sand floors, hang out with sailors on coconut stools under a thatched roof, try barbecued fresh catch and enjoy a cocktail while the chef cooks in front of you! This iconic establishment has been a cult since 1979!
2. La Villa Mahana - gourmet French cuisine in an intimate atmosphere - advance booking essential
3. MaiKai - Frence and international cuisine served lagoon-side in Vaitape at the Marina and Yacht Club - ask for a table on the outside terrace and try a signature MaiKai martini
4. Le Saint James - overwater dining in Vaitape - great spot for lunch or sunset cocktails
Author James Michener once said.....
"Anyone who has ever been there, wants to go back"
Where to stay in Bora Bora
Best time to visit Bora Bora
Meet our Bora Bora Specialists
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news and offers test