Africa Holidays & Safaris
Africa offers something completely different, something that no other destination can, which makes it the perfect destination to go to for those once in a lifetime holidays (or honeymoons)! From exhilarating action packed safaris to Indian Ocean island escapes, it has it all!
All our Africa safaris are entirely tailored to you, so whether you’re after something really adventurous, luxurious, low key, different, wild, or relaxing, we will make sure it fits you perfectly. There is so much to do and see in Africa that anything is possible! Whilst on safari, you will spend your days trawling through open savannahs, finding ‘The Big Five’, whilst also being taught about the finer details about life on this amazing continent. Then after a busy days safari you will return to your accommodation to freshen up for drinks, entertainment and star gazing by the fire, all before sitting down to a dinner divine enough to die for.
A great thing with Africa is that the fun doesn’t have to stop after the safari! Instead you have the option to diversify your trip further, and what better way to wind down from the safari action than to combine with an Indian Ocean beach escape – Zanzibar, Mozambique, Mauritius and The Seychelles spring to mind!
Kenya is the iconic East Africa, ‘Out Of Africa’ experience. Here you will experience safari in its most traditional and arguably its best form – ‘safari’ was born here after all. Home to the Masai Mara, The Great Migration, the Big 5, Mt Kenya, and a stunning coastline, Kenya offers everything and more. If you were thinking of going on safari just once, then many would argue that you must go to Kenya. It also combines very well with Zanzibar should you like the idea of doing both.
Like Kenya, Tanzania epitomises East Africa. It is also home to some of the worlds most famous safari attractions, the Ngorongoro Crater, The Serengeti, Lake Manyara, The Selous, and is home to ‘The Great Migration’ for the majority of the year (just not for the two months it’s in Kenya). It’s also home to some of the more new and exciting safari parks like Tarangire and Ruaha. Tanzania is also home to one of our favourite spice islands, Zanzibar! Add this to any itinerary and you have the perfect safari beach combo!
The Indian Ocean is home to East Africa’s Spice Islands, one being the enchanting Zanzibar – the jewel of the Indian Ocean. The crystal blue waters combined with exotic forestry makes this island stand out, and in impeccable style! Stunning warms waters, tropical utopia, history and culture have given this island a wonderfully rustic, yet luxurious charm - it's unspoilt island paradise!
A honeymoon favourite, South Africa does nothing but deliver! Here you can see everything, The Garden Route, Winelands, A Big 5 safari, Cape Town, Shark Diving and more. The complete safari experience is guaranteed, but what you also benefit from is 5* luxury, gourmet dining, Wi–Fi throughout, and some of the best wines in the world! South Africa also combines really well with Mozambique, which is arguably the best safari beach combo out there.
Botswana has a stand out attraction, the Okavango Delta. This mass water has redefined safari the safari spectrum. Here you don’t only get some of the best game viewing in Africa, but you also get to do Mokoro trails, riding safaris, helicopter flights and more. On top of this, you can combine you stay with time at the Makgadikgadi, Chobe NP, The Selinda Spill Way or even the Victoria Falls. Botswana offers a trip you really won’t ever forget, but please be aware that due to the small numbers of camps and high demand that prices are higher here. A Botswana safari therefore starts from 5-6Kper person.
Mozambique is Africa’s best coastal escape – hands down. The islands, waterways and white beaches here are often described as the best in the Indian Ocean. Unlike Zanzibar which combines really well with Kenya and Tanzania, Mozambique best combines with a South Africa and Botswana. This is due to flight paths. However, Mozambique doesn’t need to be combined with a safari at all; it makes a great destination on its own. A week in Indian Ocean paradise – why not?
The beautiful thing about Zambia is that it remains to be low-key and discreet, though it is just as good a safari destination as anywhere else. It is home to arguably Africa’s best National Park, South Luangwa; know as ‘the home of the leopard’. It’s not hard to guess how it got this name. But like Tanzania’s Selous, it offers incredible river and land safaris, and do not forget, the world famous Norman Carr & Robin Pope walking safaris. It also combines really well with a beach finish on the shores of Lake Malawi. Imagine a safari starting at the Victoria Falls, onto South Luangwa and finishing at Lake Malawi – now that’s a trip of a lifetime.
Top tips when booking a safari
- Game drives can leave you a little windswept – pack warm clothing as it can be chilly in the early mornings and late evenings
- Take comfortable walking shoes – guided walks with a tracker are an exciting alternative to a traditional game drive and provide a different perspective on the bush
- Plan on missing the morning or evening game drive at least once - allow yourself time to revel in your glorious bush setting – enjoy a bush bath, a romantic dinner in the bush or ‘sleep-out’ in a treehouse under the stars! Sanctuary Makanyane and Garonga are two of our favourite safari lodges in South Africa and both offer unique sleep-outs under the African sky – a must for all honeymooners!
- Travel lightly – many camps and lodges are accessible via small plane (take soft bags – the pilot will love you - and leave your main luggage at the airport)
- Consider whether you want to take malaria precautions or not … Dress informally (and in neutral colours) on safari – leave your fancy attire for your beach hotel
- Forget your diet – you will eat well on safari – bush breakfasts, romantic dinners next to a blazing fire with only the light of the lanterns hanging in the tress standing between you and the bush, sundowners whilst watching the sun slip beyond the horizon …are all part of the safari experience …
Where to go in Africa
Meet our Africa Specialists
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news and offers