Are you thinking about heading to Thailand for your wedding or honeymoon? Here are our top ten tips for planning the perfect romantic getaway.
1. Talk to an operator who really knows the hotels, islands and resorts. They’ll be able to give you the best advice and ensure you’re getting the honeymoon you most want.
2. Ask about the room types! Pool villas with your own private pool are a fantastic feature of many Thai hotels.
3. Think about a two centre honeymoon combining Bangkok or the North with the Southern islands & beaches for a bit of excitement and variety alongside your relaxation.
4. Pay for a flight upgrade with EVA – it costs less than you think and starts or finishes your honeymoon in style. When else will you want to feel this pampered?
5. Remember Thailand represents fabulous value for money, so ask about our Half Board options. It could save you quite a bit.
6. Think about our wedding gift list service. We have some wonderful gift ideas, including transfers by Elephant, and we’ll also allow you to have all of your gifts as cash should you wish to choose your own activities on arrival.
7. Check on the weather. Our expert staff and website will advise you when to travel where in Thailand.
8. Depart on your Thai honeymoon a few days after your wedding. You might find cheaper airfare – and who wants to rush away from a party?
9. Pack lightly and casually. Thailand is a informal country and fabulous local clothes are cheap and fun.
10. Make sure you save some time for shopping in Bangkok for the perfect present for your new husband or wife. It can be a great surprise for the finish of your honeymoon or the arrival at home.
Do you have tips for or questions about a Thai honeymoon or wedding? Share them with us in the comments!