Luxury Holidays to Thailand
The Land of Smiles’ is the perfect blend of discovery and adventure, twinned with warm and welcoming beach resorts across the regions of Thailand. Bangkok is a vibrant and exciting city, steeped in tradition and yet thoroughly modern. The ancient city of Chiang Mai and the Golden Triangle region in the north are the perfect base from which to enjoy a luxury holiday to Thailand. Discover the rich culture, forested mountains and authentic hill tribe villages in the north, along with the jungles and wildlife of the impossibly beautiful Khao Sok National Park in Thailand’s south west. No Thailand holiday would be complete without a stay on one of its beautiful islands or beaches - Phuket, Koh Samui, Krabi and Koh Yao Noi amongst our favourites.
Why Turquoise Holidays Loves Thailand
"A holiday to Thailand offers the perfect balance of activity, adventure and relaxation with its stunning beaches, rich culture, spectacular scenery, delicious cuisine and the most genuine of welcomes." - Carl, Turquoise Thailand Specialist
Things To Do In Thailand
1. An ideal Thailand holiday would combine culture in the north, beautiful beaches in the south with a city stay in Bangkok.
2. Head only a few hours out of Chiang Mai, Thailand’s second biggest city, and you can spend time with elephants, trek through lush green jungle or stay in a rustic hill tribe lodge.
3. Cruise or stay amongst some of Thailand’s most awe-inspiring coastal scenery in and around Krabi and Phang Nga Bay. Distinctive limestone Karsts are scattered throughout the azure waters of the bay creating breath taking views from the nearby islands.
4. Consider extending your beach stay with safari at Elephant Hills, a luxury tented jungle camp, located in the spectacular Khao Sok National Park. Feed and wash the elephants, enjoy a canoe ride on the Sok River, trek through the jungle and kayak on the lake.
5. Thailand is a foodie paradise, home to delicious curries and the infamous Phad Thai. Join a local Thai cookery class, many of which include a visit to a local market where you’ll learn about the local ingredients before preparing your very own Thai feast.
Where to go in Thailand?
With hundreds of islands to choose from, deciding where to go can be confusing. We’ve selected the very best boutique hotels and beach resorts with spectacular settings, wonderful pool villas and unique charm to help you decide where to go in Thailand. The North offers some of Thailand’s most breath-taking scenery with rolling hills, colourful hill tribes, cloudy mountain passes and tiny wooden villages. The south is blessed with beautiful beach resorts and tropical remote islands – the perfect way to end your holiday to Thailand.
Turquoise recommends - The Islands of Thailand
Whilst we urge you to explore the enchanting jungles and wilderness of this beautiful country, there is not denying that Thailand’s islands are its biggest appeal - from the silky beaches of Phuket and plush Koh Samui; from hammock-swinging Koh Lanta to jungle clad Ko Phangan. A handful of islands remain barely touched by tourism and one of our favourites is Koh Yao Noi, now home to the fittingly bare-foot chic Six Senses Yao Noi. Explore this idyll with its farms, villages and footprint free beaches, and not forgetting its striking views of Phang Nga Bay.
Visit our Thailand honeymoons page for full details about honeymoons here.