Where Can I Travel Now?
Countries are divided into either a 'Red List' or a 'Rest of the World List' with the latter category containing all countries travellers will be able to visit. There are currently no countries on the UK's Red List.
The rules below apply to travellers returning to England following your holiday. If you are travelling to Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland, please click here and follow the guidance for your destination.
We're fully ATOL protected, so your money will be safe regardless of what happens. So, despite the travel traffic light system, there really isn't anything stopping you from dreaming of sunnier shores and booking that long-awaited holiday. Get in touch to start planning your holiday today.
PRIOR TO RETURN TO ENGLAND
If you are fully vaccinated, you must pre-book and pay for a Covid-19 test to be taken on or before Day 2 after your arrival into England. You can take the test any time after you arrive and before the end of Day 2 at the latest. The day you arrive is day 0. You must book the test before you travel to England. You can book a PCR test or a Lateral Flow test, but you must use a private provider as you cannot use the NHS Lateral Flow Devices. Day 2 testing also applies to children aged 5-17 years, regardless of their vaccination status. Children aged 4 years and under do not need to take a test. If you take a lateral flow test and the result is positive, you will need to self-isolate and take a confirmatory PCR test.
To be deemed fully vaccinated, 14 days must have passed since your second dose prior to your departure date. You must be able to demonstrate your vaccination status when travelling abroad. You can access your NHS COVID Pass through the NHS App.
If you are not fully vaccinated, all international arrivals into England (including UK nationals) must follow these rules:
- All travellers aged 18 years and over must take a Covid test in the 2 days before you travel to England and present a negative Covid-19 test certificate. Passengers will be subject to an immediate fine of £500 if they fail to comply. You cannot use the NHS Lateral Flow Devices; you must book and pay for a PCR test or an Antigen test in your resort/destination. If your test result is positive, you must not travel.
- Before departing for the UK, you must pre-book and pay for Covid-19 tests to be taken on or before Day 2 and on or after Day 8 of your arrival in England.
- On arrival in England, you must quarantine at home or in the place you are staying for 10 days. Under the Test to Release scheme, unvaccinated travellers can choose to pay for a private COVID-19 test on day 5. If the result is negative (and the result of the day 2 test result is also negative) they can end their quarantine.
- Children aged 17 years and under follow the same rules as fully vaccinated travellers, regardless of the vaccination status of their parent or guardian. Children aged 5-17 years must pre-book and pay for a Covid-19 test to be taken on or before Day 2 after arrival into England. Children aged 4 years and under do not need to take a test.
There are currently no countries or territories on the red list for travel to England.
Where Can I Visit?
Red List Update
If you are fully vaccinated and arrive in England after 4am Tuesday 30 November, you:
- must self-isolate
- take a PCR test before the end of day 2 after you arrive (lateral flow tests will not be accepted)
- can leave self-isolation if your PCR test result is negative
Angola, Malawi, Mozambique and Zambia were added to the UK red list at 4am Sunday 28 November.
South Africa, Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Namibia and Zimbabwe were added to the UK red list at 12.00 midday Friday 26 November.
Travelling During Covid
It is your responsibility to ensure you check and comply with the entry and exit requirements at your arrival and return destination and any transit points. Please be aware that if you fail to comply with these requirements you may not be able to travel or be allowed to enter your destination. Entry requirements differ from country to country and may be subject to change with very little notice so please check the UK government website (www.gov.uk/foriegn-travel-advice) regularly before you travel. We recommend confirming the current lead-times for your PCR/Antigen test directly with the test provider to ensure you allow enough time to receive your results prior to departure. When travelling during these current Covid times, please be aware that the services and facilities on offer at some resorts and witing some destinations may differ or vary compared with normal. Another point to note when travelling during these current Covid times is that the services and facilities on offer at some resorts and within some destinations may differ or vary compared with normal.
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news and offers