We are a family run and owned travel company specialising in luxury long haul, tailor made holidays and honeymoons to Australia, New Zealand, the South Pacific, the Indian Ocean, Asia, Africa, The Caribbean and The Middle East. The company's philosophy is simple and revolves around one word - passion - passion for the destinations we sell and passion for providing exceptional customer service, combined with a first hand insight into the countries, islands, regions, hotels and rooms that we recommend. Our team of destination specialists have travelled extensively and each property is hand-picked. Our team take enormous pride in matching each and every client with their perfect holiday itinerary. Any personal information provided to or gathered by us is controlled by The Turquoise Holiday Company ("The Turquoise Holiday Company", "We", "Us), a company registered in England at: The Stables, 4 Bakery Court, Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire, HP9 2FN. Registered number: 04424442.
Data security is of the utmost importance to us and we are committed to ensuring information we collect from you is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and offline.
Information that you provide to us when registering on our website, using our mobile website, completing a booking form, filling response cards, subscribing to mailing lists, entering competitions, participating in market research and when contacting us both on and offline including:
• Name, address, contact information including phone and email • Subscription and demographic information such as preferences, interests, age and family information.
• Information relating to your holiday such as reviews, feedback, blogs, image or video uploads, questionnaire data, holiday enquiries and brochure or marketing requests
• Information relating to quoting and booking a travel service, including information regarding family and travel companion(s) such as names, emergency contacts and special service needs, such as any disability or medical or dietary restrictions (which may disclose your religious beliefs), passport information, dates of birth, insurance information, visa information, nationality and country of residence.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of your email or other correspondence, and if you call us by telephone, we may monitor and/or record phone conversations for training and customer service reasons
• Information relevant to customer surveys, competitions, feedback, offers and market research.
• Information automatically received by us when you use the website, access our marketing information or contact us by email or phone including: Browsing, form filling and search history. We may also use software tools such as Google Analytics to measure and collect session information, length of visits to certain pages, repeat visits and page interaction information (such as clicks and mouse movements).
• The domain and IP address that your computer uses to connect to the internet; your computer, browser, operating system, internet connection, referral information, search terms and other standard information collected by default by tools such as Google Analytics. • Telephone information including phone numbers, call duration and call recordings that we use for training and quality control.
• Third party information about you from other sources which we may add to our account information. For example we update address information using data from the Royal Mail "Change of Address" File, which we may use to correct our records.
Certain categories of personal information, such as that about race, ethnicity, religion or health, are considered “sensitive personal data” under the UK Data Protection Act 1998. Generally, we try to limit the circumstances where we process sensitive personal data. However, this can occasionally occur because:
• you have requested specific medical assistance from us and/or an airport operator, such as the provision of wheelchair assistance or oxygen, or,
• you have sought clearance from us to fly with a medical condition or because you are more than 28 weeks pregnant, or,
We record telephone calls for monitoring and training purposes. Our software recognises when our sales team visit a payment page, automatically pausing the recording until payment has completed. No card details are recorded during call recording. WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping, auditing and regulation purposes.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• We may use the information for marketing purposes to display adverts on our or other websites based upon your prior visits to our website, preferences and contact with The Turquoise Holiday Company.
• We may use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
• We may use the information to personalise and customise the content of our website according to your interests.
• We may use your information for resolving complaints and dealing with disputes
• We may use your information for preventing and detecting fraudulent or criminal activity We may contact you by email, phone or direct mail unless requested otherwise.
The Turquoise Holiday Company may use your personal information to provide services tailored to your requirements and treat you more personally, for example:
• to deliver messages and information that we think is relevant and may be of interest to you, prior to, during, and after your travel with us • to personalise the services, content and offers on our websites and other sales and servicing channels
• to personalise and tailor your travel experience Examples of how we may use your personal information to provide a tailored, improved service may include our hotel staff and other staff being made aware that you are an VIP Customer), as well as other aspects of your travel history with us, such as airport disruption that you have previously experienced, lost luggage, upgrades received, preferences etc.
Even if you have opted-out of receiving marketing information from us, we may still send you communications about the services you have booked to use, such as your travel itinerary. These communications will help you get the most from the services we provide and may also contain options and offers about the services you will be using (e.g. advance seating requests, additional baggage, pre-booked meals and upgrades). We may also send you communications about the services you have previously used, for example, where you experienced some form of issue or problem and we wish to contact you about it proactively in order to resolve it.
We may use and retain your personal information, including your purchase history, for administrative purposes, which may include for example, accounting and billing, auditing, credit or other payment card verification, anti-fraud screening (including the use of credit reference agency searches and payment card validation checks), immigration and customs control, safety, security, health, administrative and legal purposes and systems testing, maintenance and development.
In order to respond to your holiday request or booking we may need to disclose some of your information to our partners including:
• delivery companies such as the couriers, Royal Mail, City Link and their affiliates
• travel companies such as hotels, airlines, ground handlers and car hire companies.
• Promotional partners, such as bloom and wild and the oxford wine company to send you gifts. We only pass on information that is required in order to fulfill the booking or enquiry, such as name and address to delivery companies and name and passport information to airlines. Please be aware that due to the nature of our business and of the internet, information and data you provide may be transferred outside the country where it is submitted to us. If you are submitting information or data from a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) it is possible that it may be transferred outside the EEA, where data privacy regulations may differ from within the EEA. Advanced Passenger Information (API) is required by many countries prior to arrival (or departure). API information includes personal identity information such as name, passport details, visa information, nationality, transit and destination data. Airlines and transport companies are required to transmit this information by law and data entry is requested at the time of ticket issue. To comply with these regulations The Turquoise Holiday Company passes the relevant information to the transport companies who transmit the information to the relevant authorities.
The Turquoise Holiday Company does not buy, sell or rent any data to third parties. From time to time we may work with a promotional partner to give our customers the opportunity to enter competitions. Terms and conditions of competitions will fully disclose how the data will be used, along with permission and consent gathering.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• You may update your profile, subscription details and other personal information at anytime by contacting [email protected]
• You may unsubscribe using the links on our marketing emails or you may contact us to unsubscribe for any or all marketing activity by emailing [email protected]
• You may update and request details of any personal information which we hold about you by contacting our data manager at any time. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the address below. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. Our data manager can be contacted by writing to Data Manager, The Turquoise Holiday Company, 4 The Stables, Bakery Court, London End, Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire, HP9 2FN or emailing [email protected]
Keep your booking reference and itinerary details confidential When you make a booking you will be given a booking reference. This will appear on the email confirmation or ticket of each person in your booking. You should keep your booking reference confidential at all times. Giving your booking reference to others may allow them to access your booking details through our system. If you are travelling with others and would not like your individual booking details to be accessible by them, you may prefer to have each person make separate bookings, to be paid for individually. Keep your Giftlist log-in details confidential To make sure your access to our giftlist on our website and mobile website is secure, you should not share your log in details with anyone else. When you finish using the website, online services or mobile application you should log out if others may be able to access your computer or device. This is especially important if you are using a publicly accessible computer.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting third party sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Subject to applicable law, you may have a number of rights regarding the processing of your personal information, including:
• The right to request access to, or copies of your personal information that we process or control, together with the information regarding the nature, processing and disclosure of that personal information
• The right to request rectification of any inaccuracies in your personal information that we process or control.
• The right to request, on legitimate grounds: the deletion of your personal information that we process or control, or restriction of processing of your personal information that we process or control
• The right to object to the processing of your personal information by us or on our behalf.
• The right to have your personal information that we process or control transferred to another data controller, to the extent applicable
• Where we process your personal information on the basis of your consent, the right to withdraw that consent
We use industry standard physical and technical security measures to protect your data. We endeavour to safeguard your Data to ensure that it is kept secure. However we cannot guarantee the security of data in an account from unauthorized entry of use, hardware or software failure and other factors. Customers with a giftlist account have password protection that you have chosen. We recommend using a password that is unique to you. If you use a public or shared network to access your giftlist, we cannot ensure the security of your account. CHILDREN UNDER 13 The Turquoise Holiday company services are not directed to individuals who are under 13 years of age. Data collected for children under 13 will only be used for essential holiday booking details where absolutely necessary. No individual under 13 will be contacted or communicated to directly by The Turquoise Holiday Company.
Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.
These cookies allow our website to remember the choices you make and provide enhanced functionality and personal features.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news and offers