Holidays to San Francisco
Few cities can offer you the abundant cultural riches of San Francisco, the dynamic and addictive Northern Californian peninsula famous for freedom, fabulousness, food and fog. With a melodramatic troupe of hills and a spectacular bay, San Francisco wears her natural charms with style. Your holiday will be packed with seductive scenery, thrillingly diverse neighbourhoods and infectious energy.
San Francisco’s high-end farm-to-table culinary scene is the envy of the world right now, and there’s no better introduction than the Ferry Building markets. Locals joke that the best thing to come out of the 1989 earthquake was the repurposing of this grandiose transit hub as California’s culinary epicentre, with a focus on local and sustainable independent stalls and restaurants. The twice-weekly farmers markets keep it real amidst current hot tickets like Pepples organic vegan donuts and Hog Island’s oyster chowder. Its compact size is all the more remarkable given San Francisco’s cultural heft and diversity, but this makes it perfect city break material for travellers holiday makers who love the good stuff: organic cuisine, live music, inspiring art and captivating architecture.
Why Turquoise Holidays Loves San Francisco
"Often cited as one of the worlds greatest cities, San Francisco welcomes each and every traveller with open arms. The iconic Golden Gate Bridge and bay area are picture perfect, intensified by the infamous fog which rolls in and out of the harbor throughout the year like a gently lapping tide. Visit San Francisco for a heady blend of culture and community, history and architecture, business and tourism… bringing the old and new together in perfect harmony." - Lizzie, California Specialist
Where to go in San Francisco
1. Head to the achingly hip Mission District to dip into vintage-style saloons and speakeasies and sip on craft brews and artisan cocktails
2. Before staging a moveable feast around the city’s cult food trucks off Grant Avenue, the main thoroughfare of historic Chinatown.
3. Explore boundary-pushing art galleries along Geary Street, such as the street-art-oriented Shooting Gallery
4. Make a pilgrimage to City Lights bookstore, a hub of bohemian and artistic creativity since the Beat Poets made it their home in the 1950s.
5. From famous street murals to big-hitter museums like the Legion of Honor, art is everywhere in San Francisco
6. However; the city’s most cherished artefact is Golden Gate Bridge, visible from almost everywhere in the city.
Where to stay in San Francisco
Best time to visit San Francisco
Meet our San Francisco Specialista
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news and offers