At Turquoise, we’ve been told we’re brilliant at finding the perfect honeymoon destination. As such, we thought we’d have a crack at deciding where Wills & Kate should stay! Here are our top ten suggestions – let’s hope they take note!
1. Eagles’ Nest, New Zealand – Located on its own Private Peninsula, this exclusive villa complex is perfect with stunning views of the Bay of Islands. William may also be able to catch up with the rugby world cup if he gets his timing right!
2. The Lair, Tasmania – Remote, beautiful and unspoilt, Tasmania is a real Royal Escape. We suggest combining this with Sapphire, a new luxury lodge, which should go well with Kate’s ring!
3. Angorichina Station, South Australia – William worked on a station as a Jackaroo – this one has guaranteed privacy with access by light aircraft, stunning vistas and beautiful star lit nights.
4. Ile De Coco, Mauritius – What royal couple wouldn’t want their own private island with just one room? This choice is laid back, rustic and chic.
5. Royal Malewane, South Africa – The Royal Suite here is the largest in Africa.
6. Wadigi Island, Fiji – Remote & private, with access only by boat, seaplane or helicopter!
7. Aitutaki, The Cook Islands – On the old Imperial Flying Boat Route between The UK and New Zealand, Aitutaki offers a Lagoon bluer than Kate’s Sapphire. We suggest the couple stay at the Royal Takituma Villas.
8. Little Cayman – This lovely little island, part of the Cayman islands, has no cars and a certain laid back chic. No one cares who or what you are on Little Cayman, providing a welcome respite from publicity. We recommend The Southern Cross Club for royal luxury.
9. Kenya – We suggest a memorable trip to Lewa Downs, already familiar and highly desirable to the couple, followed by a trip to Red Pepper house on the Kenya Coast.
10. North Island, Seychelles – This private island offers the ultimate Robinson Crusoe Experience, perfect for a royal couple who’s been out in the spotlight for years.
Where do you think the royal couple should honeymoon? Agree or disagree with our suggestions?