A hidden gem in deep in the Indian Ocean, Six Senses Laamu goes above and beyond when it comes to delivering all things paradise. There are a million reasons why I love this island, but here are my top ten!
- ICE. The islands floating ice cream parlour boasting over 40 flavours of homemade licks. The best part? It’s completely free.
- RIDE. When you first arrive at your room, you will be greeted by your new best friend… your very own personalise bicycle to get around the resort. The seats are padded and pedals covered so even when you’re in your swimmers with bare feet – you’ll be cruising comfy.
- SURF. Whether your a novice rider or expert wave catcher, surf this world class right hander, just a few moments away. Experienced surfers can paddle out straight from their room or you can hop on a boat to surf in true style!
- DIVE. If you aren’t big surfers, how about diving? Six Senses Laamu is located on Olhuveli Island in the Laamu Atoll, deep in the south of the Maldives. Laamu is very untouched and remote, making it a water babies paradise! See how many mantas and turtles you can find.
- SLEEP. It is hard to beat the experience of sleeping in an overwater villa and at Six Senses Laamu these are no ordinary villas! Push the boat out and book a Laamu Water Villa with Pool – you will not regret it!
- SPOT. If visiting at the right time of year, Laamu can be surrounded by dancing dolphins and an abundance of amazing sea life. Choose a breakfast table by the water at LONGITUDE and you may even be treated to a morning sighting!
- SOAK. As if waking up to the sounds of gently lapping water beneath you wasn’t enough…wind down after a hard days sun soaking in your glass bottomed bath, watching the tropical marine life and turquoise waters below.
- LEAF. A candlelit beachside restaurant boasting an organic menu with a French twist. My favourite evening has to be the lobster and seafood BBQ, barefoot luxury doesn’t get better than this.
- SPA. The nest treatment rooms at Laamu are legendary. Choose from one overlooking the ocean or hidden in the jungle. Either way, you’ll be so relaxed within a few moments you’ll forget where you are altogether!
- WINE. Wine lovers rejoice. The incredible wine list at Laamu boasts over 420 vintages and labels. The deli room is perfectly located within the cellar, dangerously close for those looking for a nibble to pair with their favourite tipple!
If you’d like to read more about the wonderful Six Senses Laamu, click here. For a tailor-made itinerary, please contact our team of specialists today.