Following up on our great new offers for this fantastic country, I thought that now was the perfect time to share with you the many reasons that a Cambodian honeymoon can be all you want and more. Here are five great reasons to choose this beautiful and historic Asian country for your honeymoon.
1. History. Cambodia has a rich and amazing history spread throughout the country. If you combine a honeymoon in Cambodia with a quick trip to Vietnam, you know you’ll be visiting a pair of the most exciting places available in Asia. If you’d like to enrich your mind rather than simply relax, or mix a bit of learning with a bit of relaxation, Cambodia is simply the perfect choice.
2. Sights. Cambodia is best known for the iconic temples of Angkor, one of the world’s oldest temple complexes. Exploring the temples and walking in the footsteps of so many historic figures is nothing short of thrilling, and there’s always the fun of finding the little nooks and crannies where you can be alone together in the midst of history. Plus, you’ll have absolutely amazing photographic opportunities; snapping the iconic silhouette of the temples at sunset is an incredible, magical moment.
3. Flavours. If you’ve ever wondered what Asian food really tastes like, you’re guaranteed to enjoy your time in Cambodia. Better known as Khmer cuisine, with its French influence, Cambodian food is quite an experience. Most dishes are served with a bowl of rice and are similar to Thai and Vietnamese food with a unique Cambodian twist. Fish is often served due to the large rivers running through the country. You may even have the opportunity to take a cooking class together and bring Khmer deliciousness to your everyday life.
4. Countryside. The Cambodian countryside consists of so much more than just Angkor Wat. Temples are hidden everywhere and a few daily excursions can only enrich your time in this lovely country. Worth a visit is the immense Tonle Sap lake wher a boat trip is a muct to experience the fascinating ‘water-world’ life of the locals. Phnom Penh, the country’s capital, is also a wonderful place to visit with its many markets and the stunning Royal Palace.
5. Luxury. Cambodia’s infrastructure has been keeping apace with the volume of travellers who are consistently heading over to visit Angkor, so you’ll find the ultimate in luxury there as everywhere. You won’t get just a place to lay your head, you’ll have wonderful evenings full of romance. At the Hotel de la Paix, for example, you won’t just save money. Duplex Spa suites have a rooftop terrace with an outdoor bathtub – the perfect spot to relax during your honeymoon. All rooms have iPods preprogrammed with the history of Angkor, Siem Reap, and Cambodia itself. The hotel is a wonderful mix of traditional and modern, with an amazing, and very unique, swimming pool and a restaurant that’s a place to be seen even for the locals.
When choosing destinations for your honeymoon, don’t hesitate to include Cambodia on your list. If you’re looking for more information or to book now, feel free to call us today or send us an email at [email protected].