HOLIDAYS TO THE CARIBBEAN
Vibrant, colourful and fantastically diverse, a holiday to the Caribbean provides the ideal setting for a picture-perfect getaway. All of the islands extend the same warm welcome, a big Caribbean smile is par for the course everywhere you go, and although each island has its individual character and attractions, all offer excellent accommodation options and guaranteed warm seas gently lapping golden beaches! This, along with an abundance of activities and water sports, means there is definitely a Caribbean island to suit everyone, and a different adventure awaits on each!
Swim with Hawksbill turtles on a Barbados holiday and see the island from a completely new perspective, slide down a mountainside in the famous Jamaican bobsleigh or spot humpback whales frolicking in the ocean off Turks & Caicos. Enjoy a private picnic on one of the 365 secluded coves on a holiday to Antigua or sample cuisine in one of the 100 restaurants on Anguilla. Zipline through the rainforest on a St Lucia holiday, escape from it all in the untouched Grenadines or don your walking boots and scale Nevis Peak in St Kitts & Nevis. Learn to sail around the azure coastline on a British Virgin Islands holiday or even venture to the rainforest and experience the thrill of a lifetime tubing down the Balthazar River in Grenada. The opportunities are endless and truly exciting; the only question is which islands will entice you?!
The best time to travel to the Caribbean is from December to June when the temperatures are slightly lower and less humid than July to November, which is historically ‘hurricane season’. However, the wettest months tend to be September & October, so early school holidays are still a great time to travel, especially to take advantage of lower hotel rates. If you are looking to visit between July & November, don’t let a few patches of liquid sunshine put you off, as there are some excellent flight and hotel offers available resulting in a great value holiday!
REASONS TO VISIT
1. With direct flights to St Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Antigua, Jamaica and Turks & Caicos, the Caribbean is closer than you think, making it perfect for a short break or a longer holiday.
2. Foodies will love a visit to Anguilla or Barbados – home to some of the best restaurants in the Caribbean!
3. For the best beaches, head to the British Virgin Islands or Antigua where the waters are crystal clear and filled with tropical marine life.
4. To discover the authentic, untouched Caribbean, St Vincent and the Grenadines or the British Virgin Islands are calling…
5. Discover that true Caribbean cultural vibe with a visit to Jamaica, Grenada or St Kitts and Nevis.
6. Nature lovers will be wowed with a trip to the rainforest in St Lucia or Grenada.
From the glittering Platinum Coast of Barbados to the volcanic peaks of St Kitts and Nevis, we have hand-picked a wonderful selection of luxurious hotels. With the islands being so close together, its relatively easy to get from place to place, so why not let us suggest a fantastic twin centre.