HOLIDAYS TO ANTIGUA
On the edge of the Atlantic Ocean lies the island nation of Antigua and Barbuda. One of the most established Caribbean destinations, Antigua is the larger and more popular of the two, attracting visitors with its world-class resorts and blissful beaches – with over 365 on the island it is said that there is a different beach for every day of the year! Luxury holidays to Antigua are excellent for snorkelling, sailing and fishing, making it the dream destination for water lovers.
WHY TURQUOISE HOLIDAYS LIKES ANTIGUA
‘I truly believe that there is a holiday in Antigua to suit everyone. With a great selection of hotels, excellent weather and heaps to explore on the island, as well as the famed 365 beaches, what’s not to love?!’ – Donna, Antigua Specialist
THINGS TO DO IN ANTIGUA
1. Turquoise loves Antigua’s 365 perfect white sand beaches and crystal clear turquoise waters, ideal for water babies and beach bums!
2. We highly recommend Antigua holidays for friends, couples and families looking for an easily accessible beach destination – just an 8 hour flight from London you’ll be there before you know it!
3. Renowned for world class sailing, stay during annual Antigua sailing week and be wowed by the superb carnival atmosphere and the vast number of magnificent yachts that dominate the horizon.
4. With watersports and land activities galore, there need never be a dull moment on this picturesque island.
5. Soak up some of the islands rich heritage with a trip to Nelson’s Dockyard – now the only continually working Georgian Dockyard in the world!
Finally, more than anything, a luxury holiday in Antigua offers a location for relaxation where friends, couples and families can do as little as soak up the sun, lie on the beach and maybe dabble in a water sport or two. Thankfully, the island’s fantastic resorts make it easy to do this. There’s a great range of accommodation in Antigua and visitors can choose from some of the best resorts in the Caribbean, such as Carlisle Bay or Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort, offering fabulous rooms and restaurants in wonderfully picturesque settings. An island of amazing resorts and stunning beaches makes Antigua one of the world’s most desirable holiday destinations.
Turquoise recommends – Antigua Hotels
Turquoise families love Curtain Bluff! With an amazing all-inclusive package and accommodation to suit every group, parents can be sure that each member of the family will be perfectly catered for! Romantic couples and honeymooners will enjoy the peace and tranquility that The Inn at English Harbour offers. A beautiful beach, fantastic restaurants and close proximity to English Harbour and Nelsons Dockyard make this the ideal property for couples looking to relax as well as explore some of the history of the island!
Visit our Antigua honeymoon page for full details about honeymoons here.