Honeymoon Gift List
The Honeymoon Gift List - A bespoke and unique way to help you with the honeymoon of a lifetime!
The world is changing. Not only are more and more exotic and far flung destinations becoming reachable and affordable, but the way in which we choose to pay for our dream holiday has changed. Trends also show that many of us are getting married later in life - at a time when, generally speaking, we already possess many of the useful mundane household items such as towels, corkscrews, chopping boards and glasses which tend to be at the top of most wedding lists. To try and address this issue, The Turquoise Holiday Company has come up with a novel and intriguing solution and to date, we have had an excellent response, both from the lucky recipients and the friends and relatives who are buying the gift (after all - who enjoys buying a frying pan as a present?).
The honeymoon gift list idea is simplicity itself:
- As the lucky couple, you book your honeymoon with The Turquoise Holiday Company and pay the appropriate deposit in line with our booking conditions.
- The Turquoise Holiday Company then sets up your gift list (on request) and sends you a supply of gift list cards stating that the honeymoon list will be held at The Turquoise Holiday Company (you then simply insert your unique gift list number on to the cards). You can dispatch these cards to as many or as few of your friends and family as you feel appropriate.
What you can do with your gift list:
- There are two options for your guests, cash contributions or gifts. Cash contributions allow your guests to decide the amount they gift you and this will be refunded to you or it can be used towards paying the final balance. However, as some people are uncomfortable gifting money, or you would prefer to personalise your gift list, you can add gifts in the form of experiences, excursions, boat trips, spa treatments and special romantic dining experiences with Champagne as well as many other options. You are not obliged to purchase any of the gifts that you put on the list and it is entirely possible to refund you the entire gifted amount for you to use as you wish. In fact, we actually advise that (unless there is something you would be very disappointed about if you could not do) you have the total amount refunded back to you and that you book whichever of the gifts you would like once you are on your honeymoon. The reason we suggest this is that it gives you more flexibility for you to choose when and what you do based on how you are feeling.
- A new aspect to the service has been added allowing you to not only choose which of the suggested gifts you would like, but create your own gifts that are personal to you – but we would not be able to book these for you. You will also be able to add a personal welcome message as well as photographs of your choice for all your guests to see. This will make your gift list unique to yourselves and will allow you to be as creative as you like.
- Your family and friends can then, by quoting your gift list number, either pay contributions of any denomination into your booking, or choose any of the gift experiences that you have chosen. Your honeymoon gift list is accessed online and payments can be made in this manner, as well as by calling us or sending cheques.
- You can access your honeymoon gift list on a secure website to see what has been contributed and the lovely little messages from your friends and family. Your gift list will normally close on the day of your honeymoon departure but the bride and groom login will remain open up to two months after your trip. This will allow you to send thank you letters and print off the messages your friends sent you if you would like to keep them as a memory. There is also an option allowing you to message all of the people who have contributed to the gift list to either thank them, or keep them updated on wedding preparations as well as e-post cards you can send from your honeymoon!
- We like to encourage honeymooners to upload wedding and honeymoon photos to the gift list site on your return, as you are then able to message all those who contributed to let them know the photos are there for them to look at.
Top 10 tips for making the most of your gift list:
- Make your gift list as unique as possible for your guests, and yourselves.
- Create some gifts that are personal to you both (though we would not be able to book these).
- The cash contribution option is always there for your guests if they would like to contribute to the overall cost of the honeymoon and not a gift.
- Add a lovely welcome message telling your guests where you are going, when the wedding is or any other information that you would like to add.
- Add at least one image of you and your fiancé for your guests to see. If possible add as many photos of you both, as well as photos with friends and family as you can.
- Add a selection of amazing experiences for your guests to buy.
- Send e-postcards from your honeymoon with pictures to make everyone jealous!
- Upload all of your photos of the wedding and honeymoon when you get back.
- Print off all the contributions and the details of who sent them and use it to write thank you cards to all of your guests.
- Let us know if you would like to book any of the gifts or if you would like the total amount refunded back to you, enjoy the wedding day and have a relaxing honeymoon of a lifetime!
Booking your gifts:
- If you would like us to book some, or all of the gifts before you leave then we are more than happy to do that for you as some can only be pre-booked. All we ask is that you let us know before you depart and we will book these for you. We will not automatically pre-book any gifts as how the gifts are used varies and therefore we await confirmation of how each couple would like to use their gifts. We do however generally find it is more beneficial to book them yourself when you get there as it allows you to have more flexibility depending on how you are feeling or the weather and you can sometimes receive a better price locally than pre-booking them in England. Any meals or drinks bought as a gift can not be pre-booked and must be organised with the hotel on arrival. Please note that the prices we have are not always correct due to the varying exchange rate and the fact that the hotels can change their prices without warning. Prices will be confirmed at the time of booking.
What happens with your gift contributions:
- The remaining balance of your honeymoon, after your deposit and any other payments made, must be received ten weeks prior to departure. It is possible to use as much of the gift list contributions that you have received as you wish to help pay for the balance. If you do not wish to use the gift list money to pay your balance, or you received contributions after this final payment date, we will arrange to refund you the difference, less any gifts you would like us to book for you, and you can use the contributions to help you enjoy the honeymoon of a lifetime! We will refund any excess amounts to your credit card which is the simplest, cheapest and quickest way for us to refund you. Should you wish for us to arrange a bank transfer, this is possible, but there will be a charge of £30 to cover our administration costs.
What not to do with your gift list
As previously highlighted our wedding gift list is totally free to our honeymoon customers and at no point do we implementcredit card surcharges for friends and family contributing to you’re a gift list.The benefits of the service are that it is unique and innovative; the focus isnot on profit or gain, rather to provide our clients with the best servicepossible to enhance their honeymoon and make it memorable.
- We will not stand for people who abuse the service and take advantage of the concept of what we are trying to achieve and maintain as a company for our clients. Please note the following points;
- The service is designed for contributions from friends and family and guests of your wedding.
- You can pre-book activities from yourlist but you must notify the gift list co-ordinator 10 days in advance.
- We do not accept payment made by the clients themselves to waiver card surcharges (applicable on balances paid by credit card on your honeymoon).
- We reserve the right to refuse any payment which we believe is not made in the spirit of the service and/or any payment over £1000.