For anything else get in touch or follow us on the below:
View our latest offers >
There is a problem submitting your request, please try again.
View offers >
01494 678 400
9.00am - 6.00pm
Few destinations summon as many daydreams as California, the breathtakingly gorgeous West Coast state famed throughout the last century for delivering la dolce vita, New World style.
There’s a reason California is the birthplace of the road trip: the rewards of getting around have never been more abundant and immediate. With Western-style frontier towns and other-worldly desert landscapes to the southeast, dense and dramatic ancient forest along the Pacific Coast Highway to the north, rustic surf towns and swathes of sandy beaches fringing the Western coast, snow-capped mountains and granite peaks in the national parks of the interior and a cadre of compelling and characterful cities across the state, on a fly and drive holiday in California you will experience an unparalleled diversity in a very compact area.
"The golden state of California offers something for everyone. Where else in the world could you be in skiing in the morning and enjoying a sundowner on the beach in the afternoon? The sense of place that you gain on a fly & drive holiday through California is unparalled and truly unique. Be it the culture and diversity of the cities, the endless mountain vistas of the national parks, the rugged raw coastline of the pacific highway, the rolling vineyards and orchards of the winelands or the expansive desert plains which carpet the states interior, a holiday to California is one for every bucket list." - Lizzie, California Specialist
1. Los Angeles might make the perfect stopover en route to the South Pacific, Australia and New Zealand, but LA is so much more than a launchpad to adventures further afield; from the intoxicating glamour of Hollywood’s grande dame hotels to the surf and skate schools of Venice Beach and Santa Monica, to the recent proliferation of art galleries in the culturally resurgent Downtown area, the city seduces and surprises on every corner.
2. Coastal Towns - There are the redwood-fringed coastal towns of Big Sur, Carmel and Monterey, which inspired the writers John Steinbeck, Henry Miller and Robinson Jeffers, and still draws artists, bohemians and celebrity seekers of barefoot luxury today, lured by the region’s quirky art galleries, pioneering culinary scene, sumptuous treetop lodges and secluded coastal hiking trails. Sipping a chilled Chardonnay at a spectacular clifftop seafood restaurant, we find ourselves similarly inspired by the creative energy and outdoorsy spirit of these culture-rich coastal towns.
Stretching across the western slopes of the Sierra Nevadas, 200 miles east of San Francisco:
3. Yosemite - California’s most celebrated national park. We know that being active comes as standard on a Turquoise holiday and in California you’ll find yourself scaling spectacular granite cliffs, marvelling at waterfalls, rafting clear streams and losing yourself in giant sequoia groves, before retreating to your mountain lodge and treating your tired limbs to a hot-tub under the stars.
4. San Francisco has been a cultural incubator for decades, home to Beat Generation writers Jack Kerouac and Allen Ginsberg in the 1950s, birthplace of the counterculture and hippie movement of the late 1960s and 1970s, and fostering jazz, rock and experimental music scenes in the bars of Haight Ashbury and beyond. Despite it’s many historic charms - the Golden Gate Bridge, colourful Victorian-era homes and iconic cable cars - the San Francisco we know continues to innovate and inspire, with a pioneering farm-to-table restaurant scene, legendary covered food market and pervasive eco vibe.
There are the impossibly scenic world-renowned wine regions of:
5. Sonoma and Napa – world-renowned wine regions, which now attract top chefs and food-lovers from around the globe as well as wine connoisseurs and bon vivants. We might bring you to Sonoma on a personal quest for the perfect organic Pinot, but you’ll be equally Let yourself be seduced by the rustic yet world-class vineyard restaurants, the hip boutique hotels and the dreamy romantic villas on family-owned vineyard estates.
6. In the desert hideaway of Palm Springs, where Frank Sinatra and the Rat Pack built extravagant Modernist homes during the 1920s and 1930s, a party spirit prevails at Turquoise’s cherry-picked cluster of glamorous hotels; your days are spent scouring vintage boutiques and antique stores, visiting our careful edit of museums and galleries, and lounging poolside, Pisco sour in hand.
California is a generous holiday destination, suffused with glamour and cultural significance, with extravagantly beautiful natural scenery and a long list of once-in-a-lifetime experiences. For inspiration seekers everywhere, we know that she’s the one for your luxury holiday.
We rely heavily on the latest technologies to work efficiently and provide the very best service possible. However, we believe passionately that technology can’t beat a good old fashioned face to face conversation.
We love getting to know our guests and know that anyone who comes in to see us will benefit from the unique experience that only a face to face meeting can offer. We are also delighted to announce that we have doubled the size our beach house office in London so please do pop in for a coffee or book an appointment.
Emergency out of hours: 01494 678400
Please let us know as much detail as possible about your plans and provide your phone number so we can call you back...
Please add panel - contact-us-call-us
Pop into either our London or Beaconsfield shops for a no obligation holiday consultation and a glass (or two) of bubbles.
This is the notification email for book an appointment on live.
CMS panel: 'call-back'