Job Description - Asia Product Manager
As Product Manager for Turquoise, you will take full responsibility for the selection, pricing & brochure production of your product area. Turquoise has strict brand guidelines to ensure that the selection of product meets our clients’ expectations. You will be expected to represent the company at trade shows, exhibitions and supplier dinners/events where you will be the face of Turquoise to the industry. It is important that you present yourself at all times in the manner which falls in line with our brand values. The position will be based in our Beaconsfield offices.
• Direct & recent experience in the contracting, sourcing and pricing of overseas product
• In-depth knowledge of the countries, regions and hotels of the programme in question
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to write original and authentic copy from first hand experience
• Excellent training skills to motivate our sales team
• Good knowledge of our IT systems including Travelink/Amadeus would be advantageous
• First hand sales experience (within the luxury travel sector and the Asia market) would be a bonus
• Use of excel, photoshop as well as recent and relevant experience in the production of brochures and newsletters
• Excellent contacts and industry relationships
• Ability to drive the business forward independently (with minimal support) within our brand guidelines
• At least one year’s experience within product at Luxury Tour Operator
• Well presented with outstanding negotiation skills
• Ability to train and motivate the sales team
• Experience of yield and margin management
Your job will consist of the following elements:
Brochure production including writing/choice of photography
Representing the company at relevant trade shows
Regular competitor analysis
Training of sales staff as well as planning educationals
Pricing of the product
Loading of the database
Producing a quarterly report on the sales performance of your region highlighting room nights/margin
Monitoring of the exchange rates & margins to ensure the company is on budget
Monitoring and updating the content of our website
Reviewing and improving conversion levels in line with company targets.
Attending management meetings
Liaising and updating the company’s PR team on product updates
Working with the Directors on forecasting sales targets for your product region
You will be expected to help the company, when required, at consumer shows/events
You will be required, whenever necessary, to help convert bookings; this may involve speaking directly to customers
You will need to work closely with the marketing team to secure joint funding for JV opportunities
You will be entitled to 20 days annual leave
9-6pm January-March with 1 hour lunch break
9-5.30pm April-August with 45 minutes for lunch
You may be asked as a member of the management team to work outside these hours.
Please contact Sue Bell e-mail Sue.firstname.lastname@example.org
Turquoise is an award-winning Tour Operator with a growing product portfolio in Australasia, Asia, Africa, The Caribbean and The Indian Ocean.
As we are expanding we require sales consultants to join our dynamic team to help sell what we believe is the most exciting product offering in the market place. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required as well as an imagination and flair for creating unusual itineraries. Knowledge of Travelink and Amadeus would be useful.
In return we offer an excellent remuneration package, outstanding career prospects, comprehensive training and
Contact in writing, Jonty Higgs, Sales Manager (no agencies). Email: Jonty.email@example.com