The Turquoise Holiday Company was founded with the belief that we could offer unique and authentic holiday experiences in extraordinary locations around the world. The Company's philosophy is simple and revolves around one word - passion - passion for the destinations we sell and passion for providing innovative service combined with a real insight into our hotels, rooms and all aspects of our product. We are a luxury tour operator but not just for luxury's sake. We are not about gold taps and bell boys - we are about authentic unique experiences. We do not class our clients as tourists and our goal is to carefully place them in a landscape where they will feel like locals, even if only for a week or two. Our luxury is space, privacy and style. We hope you enjoy this website and we hope to have you as clients soon.
Please note all phone calls are recorded to consistently monitor and improve our customer service levels.
Some quick facts about Turquoise:
- We are a privately owned company.
- The Directors of the Company are Brian Barton, James Bell and Sue Bell who have over 60 years of combined experience in the Travel Industry. We welcome your feedback on any aspect of this site and our company.
- Although some find it difficult to spell, we think the name Turquoise perfectly conjures up just the right image for most of the destinations that we feature.
- The Company was founded in 2002 just after the start of the second Gulf War – our timing wasn't great but we have still managed to grow every year, even through the toughest of recessions; we must be doing something right!
- The Company is product led and we strive constantly to bring to you the most exciting and enticing holiday proposals. There is not a featured property that has not been visited by our staff - they really do know their stuff.
- We now employ over twenty five staff in our recently refurbished Grade II listed offices in Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire.
- We welcome visitors and are always delighted to show them the old meat room (now the meet room!) with the original blood drain.
- Our goal is to put some romance and style into your travel.
- Your money is protected by our ATOL license and we are accredited IATA agents. .
OUT OF HOURS CONTACT TELEPHONE NUMBER 07494 533666
EMERGENCIES ONLY PLEASE
Product Manager for Indian Ocean, Sri Lanka and Middle East
As Product Manager for Turquoise, you will take full responsibility for the selection, pricing & brochure production of your product area. Turquoise has strict brand guidelines to ensure that the selection of product meets our clients’ expectations. You will be expected to represent the company at trade shows, exhibitions and supplier dinners/events where you will be the face of Turquoise to the industry. It is important that you present yourself at all times in the manner which falls in line with our brand values. The successful applicant will need the ability to create an effect strategy and develop the region in-line with our growth aspirations. The job will be target based and we are looking for candidates who have a strong commercial acquirement and background.
- Direct & recent experience in the contracting, sourcing and pricing of overseas product
- In-depth knowledge of the Indian Ocean, Sri Lanka and Middle East, and the hotels featured by Turquoise
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to write original and authentic copy from first-hand experience
- Excellent training skills to motivate our sales team
- Good knowledge of our IT systems including Travelink/Amadeus would be advantageous
- First hand sales experience (within the luxury travel sector and the Indian Ocean, Sri Lanka and Middle East market) would be a bonus
- Use of Excel and Photoshop, as well as recent and relevant experience in the production of brochures and newsletters
- Ability to manage and update website content
- Excellent contacts and industry relationships
- Ability to drive the business forward independently (with minimal support) within our brand guidelines
- At least one year’s experience within product at Luxury Tour Operator
- Experience of yield and margin management
- Well presented with outstanding negotiation skills
You will report to our Product Director
Your job will consist of the following elements:
- Sourcing/contracting product
- Brochure production including writing/choice of photography
- Monitoring and updating the content of our website
- Representing the company at relevant trade shows
- Regular competitor analysis
- Training of sales staff as well as planning educationals
- Pricing of the product
- Loading of the database
- Producing a quarterly report on the sales performance of your region highlighting room nights/margin
- Monitoring of the exchange rates & margins to ensure the company is on budget
- Reviewing and improving conversion levels in line with company targets
Holidays: You will be entitled to 20 days annual leave
- Attending management meetings
- Liaising and updating the company’s PR team on product updates
- Working with the Directors on forecasting sales targets for your product region
- You will be expected to help the company, when required, at consumer shows/events
- You will be required, whenever necessary, to help convert bookings; this may involve speaking directly to customers
- You will need to work closely with the marketing team to secure joint funding for JV opportunities
Hours: 9-6pm January-March with 1 hour lunch break, 9-5.30pm April-December with 45 minutes for lunch
Applicants should apply in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org including a current CV and short letter outlining why the applicant is suitable for the position.
Turquoise is an award-winning Tour Operator with a growing product portfolio in Australasia, Asia, Africa, The Caribbean and The Indian Ocean.
As we are expanding we require sales consultants to join our dynamic team to help sell what we believe is the most exciting product offering in the market place. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required as well as an imagination and flair for creating unusual itineraries. Knowledge of Travelink and Amadeus would be useful.
In return we offer an excellent remuneration package, outstanding career prospects, comprehensive training and
Contact in writing, Jonty Higgs, Sales Manager (no agencies). Email: Jonty.email@example.com