For anything else get in touch or follow us on the below:
View our latest offers >
There is a problem submitting your request, please try again.
View offers >
01494 678 400
Beautiful and beguiling, a true rising star on the travel to-do list, a must on the bucket list - is a luxury holiday to Sri Lanka. This wonderful island nation bursts with a warmth, diversity and colour like no other destination: from its golden sands to thickly forested mountain peaks; from vivid prayer flags fluttering in the breeze to acre upon acre of lush tea plantation; from emerald lakes to the turquoise Indian Ocean, there's a visual and unparalleled vibrancy throughout, waiting to be explored.
‘Fascinating history, awe inspiring architecture, jaw dropping scenery, untouched beaches, mesmerising wildlife - Sri Lanka has it all’ - Lisa, Sri Lanka Specialist
1. Boutique Hotels. Each and every Sri Lanka hotel that we feature has been handpicked in order to bring the region and experience to life in a truly unique way. You won't find big brand hotels here, it is all about subtle luxury and relaxed local living.
2. Untouched Beaches. If you have been to Sri Lanka you will know the south and west coastline is beautiful yet fairly well trodden. However, visit the unspoiled and unexplored east coast during May - October – for a totally off the beaten track experience.
3. Wildlife. However long you intend to spend in Sri Lanka, make sure you fit in a visit to one of the stunning national parks and if time permits stay in one of the luxury safari camps in either Yala (south east) or Wilpattu (north west). The island is famous for it's abundance of Elephant and Leopard as well as countless numbers of bird species. Click here for our guide to the national parks of Sri Lanka.
4. Tea. Tea remains one of the major exports of Sri Lanka. The main tea hills surrounding Nuwara Eliya and Kandy boast a number of stunning converted tea factories in which you can stay, or visit one of the working factories whilst staying at a boutique retreat such as Ceylon Tea Trails, Kandy House or Ellerton.
5. Cultural Triangle. However in to (or not in to!) your culture you are - any visit to Sri Lanka should include at least a few nights within stones throw of the Cultural Triangle. Not only is the jungle clad landscape mesmerising in itself, the ancient cities of Sigiriya, Anuradhapura, Dambulla are fascinating and 100% worth visiting - you won't regret it!
Family holidays to Sri Lanka are all about quality accommodation, well-planned travel route, comfortable vehicles and lots of fun things to do as a family. We recommend staying only in a couple of hotels and do day trips, so the children don’t need to move from one hotel to another every other day. One of our favourite hotels is the beautiful Ulagalla, which has a two bedroom chalet for families and lots of fascinating places to visit nearby. Not forgetting the cheeky monkeys who reside at the estate!
In true Turquoise style, we have handpicked all the properties we work with in Sri Lanka. Ulagalla and Jetwing Vil Uyana are our favourites in the Cultural Triangle, whilst, Ellerton, Kandy House and Ceylon Tea Trails are perhaps the most iconic Sri Lankan luxury hotels for those visiting the Hill Country. For the ultimate, low-key beach chic on the east coast, check out Jungle Beach or Uga Bay and then heading south look at Aditya, Kahanda Kanda or for families Cape Weligama. There are also a number of stunning villa properties on the south coast and in Galle that are brilliant for larger groups or families looking for a private experience with their own space - talk to our consultants for their top recommendations.
Visit our Sri Lanka honeymoon page for full details about our honeymoon collection.
El Nido Pangulasian – Philippines
Tucked away in a secluded bay of emerald waters and dramatic limestone karsts, El Nido Pangulasian in the Philippines is simply sublime. Endless stretches of pristine beaches and a marine sanctuary beneath the waves, you will see why it has been voted as the Most Beautiful Island in the World by Condé Nast Traveller. This really is an untouched, picture perfect haven just waiting to be discovered…
Emergency out of hours: 01494 678400
Please let us know as much detail as possible about your plans and provide your phone number so we can call you back...
Please add panel - contact-us-call-us
Pop into either our London or Beaconsfield shops for a no obligation holiday consultation and a glass (or two) of bubbles.
This is the notification email for book an appointment on live.
CMS panel: 'call-back'